July 14, 2023

Karen and Richard Carpenter Celebrate Mouseketeer and Drummer Cubby O'Brien

July 14, 1977. A rather special day for a variety of reasons. Here's Richard and Karen Carpenter in Las Vegas celebrating the birthday of drummer Cubby O'Brien. A rare group photo taken a few months before the debut of their 1977 release Passage

It's a special photo for me as well! I saw them play Vegas during this series, and in a funny coincidence, I share a birthday- today- with the beloved Mouseketeer. 

I was blessed to see the Carpenters several times during their all too short career. Their music had an enormous impact on my life! If you're curious to read an in depth look at each of their recordings, including rare photos, and get a look at life during the time of Karen and Richard's massive impact on radio, look no further. Below is a list of each album review as well as ones written a decade earlier. In addition, there are many, many articles and rare photos as stand alone posts on the blog. Enjoy!

My "Revisited / Fresh Look" Reviews:
 

No comments: