July 1, 2023

Notable and Quotable: Larry Osborne

"If we claim to be followers of Jesus, there's never a good reason for panic. God loves a mess. After all, it takes a mess to have a miracle."


                        Larry Osborne, Author of Thriving in Babylon

I love this quote! How many times do I have to learn this lesson- that if I wait instead of panic, God comes through and I learn a lesson, see Him in a deeper more mature way, and watch God at work...even if the end result is not something I initially want. Even though I know better, I can fall into the trap of thinking being a follower of Jesus means I deserve and can get an easy life. (How'd that work out for His disciples?) Then I remember, it's truly about dying to self and living for God's purposes, relying on God's grace and not my own works to gain me favor and forgiveness from God. Major lessons taught over and over again...

No comments: