February 3, 2022

Disney Better Take Epic Universe Seriously!

Last trip Universal Orlando successfully snagged three days of our trip to Walt Disney World. It was a wise decision. I was thrilled with what I experienced. As I wrote at the end of last year Every Disney Imagineering Fan Needs to Visit Diagon Alley at Universal, and I mean all I wrote. Now, with Universal's Epic Universe set for Summer of 2025, Disney's main competition will now lose one more day from my next trip! I say this as a hard core Imagineering fan. 

The one-two combo punch of Nintendo and the sure to be wonderful next phase of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter means Disney has to lose somewhere. I will visit the Studios to see Diagon Alley again, and I have to go to Islands of Adventure as well. A new Universal park with all the bells and whistles (and lesson learned in the last decade) will make Epic Universe, well, epic. With the Royal Pacific our probable next resort destination, well, anything is possible.

Who will lose? Disney for sure. We'll probably combine parks and do Hollywood Studios with the construction zone known as Epcot in one day, and Magic Kingdom with Animal Kingdom on the other. Disney Springs will probably be its own day. Unless there's something amazing (and ready) announced at D23, this could be the first trip where we spend more time at Universal than Disney. And maybe not the last.

(Art copyright Universal Creative.)

No comments: