July 1, 2021

A New Photo of Karen and Richard Carpenter

Author and "Resident Carpenterologist" Chris May from the A&M Corner boards has slyly used this previously unseen photo of Richard and Karen Carpenter as his new avatar. Being a fan of the duo's "A Kind of Hush" album, it caught my eye. Here's the photograph in as large a form as I could get it. Until Chris and coauthor Mike Cidoni Lennox's book "Carpenters- The Musical Legacy" comes out this fall, it may have to hold us over as photos of the beloved duo are becoming more and more scarce. We've been told there are dozens of new photos to see along with a myriad of untold stories about the music from Richard himself. Can't wait to read it!

Speaking of Hush, I was honored to be part of the team that gave input on that album for Randy L. Schmidt's excellent Illustrated Discography

EDIT- Right from Chris May, here is the photo in full size and in highest quality:
        

On my "Revisited/Fresh Look" at all the Carpenters albums one by one, I'm not up to Hush yet. Horizon is next. But Live in Japan is the latest. You can view all of the reviews and the original ones by perusing the list below. Enjoy!

All that is just part of a continuing series about Karen and Richard Carpenter. There are also numerous stand alone articles highlighting different aspects of their career, recordings, and life. 

Below is the list of my initial reviews and then my "Revisited /Fresh Look" reviews a decade later. 

My Initial Reviews of the albums:



No comments: