July 15, 2021

Chuck

Late to the television game as always seems to be the case in our house. No matter- I'm finding Chuck to be a blast. Zachary Levi is just terrific- perfectly cast as the "Buy More" employee nerd caught up in some life he never wanted but is surprisingly good at. As to be expected, I'm hearing shades of Flynn Rider (from Disney's Tangled) each and every episode- which is one of my favorite animated films. Yvonne Strahovski brings just the right blend of sweetness and fire as his love interest. But it is Adam Baldwin's cool consummate spy John Casey that makes me laugh out loud every episode. Sure, you know from the beginning where the show is headed, but who cares? Chuck is old school fun and worth the endless hours I'll spend watching. This world needs something to laugh about!

No comments: