July 14, 2021

Gifts of Love

My love, my soul mate, my wife, gave me a brand new turntable for my birthday. (This photo is not it. πŸ˜€) However, what she really gave me was a reminder of how much she knows me and loves me! Of course, once we set it up, the first album played had to be Carpenters. No surprise, right?

To hear Karen Carpenter's rich, luxurious voice backed by Richard Carpenter's wonderful arrangements on their album with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra was quite an experience. The compact disc is great, but the warmth of vinyl brought out nuances I had not previously heard. I sat in the center of the room, soaking it all in. It really was yesterday once more, and I was 13 all over again.

Then for a change of pace, the epic Off The Wall by Michael Jackson was spun. Hearing Don't Stop Til You Get Enough- wow. The song just feels as modern and fresh as it did when it first came out. Then it was back to the duo and the underrated Lovelines. Such a missed gem in the Carpenters collection. 

All my gifts were special and well thought out. Everyone should be so blessed to have the family God has given me....

No comments: