June 29, 2024

Traveling the Ancient Roads

Take a look at this very cool photograph! A good friend of mine had business in Cairo, Egypt and glanced out his hotel room window at just the right moment. Even those Disney Imagineers couldn't replicate this! (I guess I should start staying those that work at Universal Creative as well!) Here's the gift of a good cel phone and when it comes into play. There was no need for a special lease or much of a zoom. What a shot! Reminds me all of this: Thus says the Lord: “Stand by the roads, and look, and ask for the ancient paths, where the good way is; and walk in it, and find rest for your souls. But they said, ‘We will not walk in it.’ These words from the prophet Jeremiah remind me to look to the Lord Jesus and His ways as how to live my life and to not follow the patterns and lifestyles of this world. When I follow him, I will find rest for my soul. What could be better than that?

(Photograph copyright Mark Taft.)

No comments: