February 2, 2021

Three Signs of Excellence at Universal's Islands of Adventure

This may be a controversial statement, but I find Universal Orlando's second theme park Islands of Adventure every bit as well done as the third park at Walt Disney World- Disney's Hollywood Studios- perhaps even better! The line up of attractions is just as strong, and the park is more fully fleshed out with a stronger sense of design.

You could even take away Harry Potter's representation, and you'd still have a terrific piece of Imagineering... I mean design and engineering by the artists that form  Universal Creative. Here are three signs of excellence at Islands of Adventure. Literally.


Beyond The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man, I didn't really know if I would love this park. I was wowed by the entrance, and then I started to notice the details, making me more impressed. 

Signage is something I have always enjoyed, and these theme park has an abundance of nicely done work! I would love to have any of these three signs for Islands of Adventure Trading Company in my possession. Too bad duplicates are not for sale. 


Let me encourage you to take a look at these and several others next time you're in one of Orlando's best theme parks. Even for a die hard Disney fan, you might find yourself pleasantly surprised.


(Photographs copyright Mark Taft.)

No comments: