November 3, 2020

A Day of Compromise

I beg you who claim to follow Jesus Christ to consider the following verses:

“I appeal to you, brothers and sisters, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be united in the same mind and the same judgment.  For it has been reported to me by His people that there is quarreling among you, my brothers. What I mean is that each one of you says, “I follow Biden,” or “I follow Trump,” or “I follow an independent candidate,” or “I follow no one.”  Is Christ divided? Was Trump crucified for you? Or were you baptized in the name of Biden?  

I thank God that I proselytized none of you into my political views, so that no one may say that you were transformed by my party of preference.  For Christ did not send me to put my hope in politics but to preach the gospel, and not with words of eloquent wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power.”  (1 Corinthians 1:10-17- Rewritten by this author.)

Family of Christ, let’s be wise. It’s true we’re forced into choosing between two candidates whose morals and character and choices are compromised and whose agendas can never fully represent what God values. Yes, be informed voters who carry the eternal values of our Heavenly Kingdom and not those of the world, but imagine if we placed this same energy into sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ! What a glorious eternal kingdom we can be part of building! Beyond the results of the election, we will still be brothers and sisters in Christ with a shared goal of proclaiming Jesus Christ and Him alone as Lord, King, and Savior. Be blessed today!


2 comments:

Matthew said...

Beautifully said Mark.

Always your pal,
Amazon Belle

Mark said...

Thank you, friend!