October 14, 2009

New Day Dawning

Unexpectedly, a new day has dawned. Maybe it is the looming of vacation after a long season of hard work. Perhaps, it is getting more exercise and rest! Deep inside me, more than anything, I know it is a work of the Lord that has refreshed me when I have least expected it but needed it most. He is giving me what I have asked in prayer.

In my most recent time of reading the Bible, the text of the book of Ecclesiastes resonates deeply. There is a time for everything under the sun (see Chapter One), but it was this admonition from Chapter Seven that challenged me, both calling me into account and bringing me freedom:
"Do not say, "Why are the old days better than these? For it is wise not to ask such questions." (Ecclesiastes 7:10)

Thank you, Lord Jesus, for doing what I cannnot do regardless of how hard I try- and thank you for your love.

No comments: