December 12, 2023

Carpenters Christmas Interruptus

As I write this, the new Dolby Atmos version of the Carpenters fan favorite Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas has been released for a couple of weeks. Karen Carpenter's warm, unique voice is brought to the forefront, and the results remind listeners what a wonderfully one of a kind vocal gift she had been given.  
I had planned to present a Revisited / Fresh Look review of their enduringly popular Christmas Portrait album from 1978, but for now time has sneaked past me, and I really haven't had the energy to finish it. So, I leave you with the following list of Carpenters album reviews. Each are different and filled with photos, music charts, and history. Not only do they remind us of Karen's gift but also the genius behind the recordings, brother Richard Carpenter

Check out the list below. 

No comments: