September 2, 2022

That Don't Impress Me Much, D23!

When it comes to D23, to quote the gifted Shania Twain, "That don't impress me much!" Sure, it is a very cool poster by Eric Tan, but it is going to take much more than this piece of marketing to wow me. On D23's official Twitter, the club member poster was released showing all 58 upcoming Disney announcements hidden within the artwork. We could guess at Frozen (perhaps for Disneyland) to Indiana Jones (a rumored Dinosaur replacement at Disney's Animal Kingdom). What the suits could announce may surprise, but I don't trust Bob Chapek. If D23 was something under the first half reign of Michael Eisner, I'd be excited. But this is a different era. So, I'll check back after the hoopla is over.

(Art copyright The Walt Disney Company.)

No comments: