August 17, 2021

The Right Look for Epcot's Spaceship Earth

 When they do something right, I want to be the first to acknowledge it. And by golly, Imagineer Zach Riddley and team have put out some great concept art! This piece for the evening reimagining of Spaceship Earth just lights me up. The elegance of the art highlights all I loved about EPCOT Center- and all I hope the new park will become. May all of Walt Disney World look this good!

I do not care for the huge barges of Harmonious nor for the inclusion of Marvel into the park via the huge blue box of Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind. But I'm willing to give things a chance and make a judgment on the re-envisioning on a one project at a time basis. So, here's to a win in my book for the Imagineering team. Well done!

(Art copyright The Walt Disney Company.)

No comments: