August 9, 2020

My Favorite Disney Park Photos: A Nighttime Fantasyland

Taken late at night almost two years ago, this beautiful photograph of Disneyland's Fantasyland courtyard is one of my favorite shots from all my years of visiting the Disney parks and resorts. How did I get the shot? Well, it was almost at park closing.  

I was absolutely beat, happily exhausted, after my "two parks and 26 attractions in one day" marathon- including 18 "E" Ticket attractions. (Read what I did and how it did it here.) Moving from It's A Small World to my Fast Pass time for Star Tours with time to spare , I had two options: round the bend around the Matterhorn into Tomorrowland or walk past Storybookland Canal Boats, Alice in Wonderland, and the Mad Tea Party and go to the hub through the castle. I chose the latter. I jumped into Mr. Toad's Wild Ride- which had no wait, but the attraction went down.

Heading toward the castle, I turned the corner and saw the shot you see. (It's one of two I took. You can find the other is in the post about my marathon day.) The carousel music was playing, and there was only one other guest to be found in the area. Just before park closing is a perfect time for a photo!

And there you have it. One of my favorite park photos. The end to a truly magical day.

(Photograph copyright Mark Taft.)

No comments: