August 26, 2020

Depression Wins- For Now

Depression has been a part of my life just about for as long as I can remember. There was one brief period of about six months when that wasn't the case. Instead I was filled with unexpected joy- it began the night I gave my life over to Jesus. When depression returned as it often does, it felt different as it has ever since that night. 

There was an odd mix of peace and hope along with it. That was new! There was even a desire in me to press into it and fight it instead of giving into it. This is a season when the battle is particularly strong. Yet, I know it too will pass. In this world, you will have trouble. I read that somewhere. And I know it. And there is blessing and hope and peace, and yes, even joy, as I press into Jesus Christ. I know that as well- as I have for years.

2 comments:

Matthew said...

Hey Mark, I want to thank you for sharing and let you know I'm praying for you. God is good and pressing into Jesus is key. May He meet you, comfort, and reassure you during this time.

Love ya!
Matt

Mark said...

Thank you, Matt! Means a lot!