October 16, 2012

Make Way for the Future Today

The future is now, and I am happy about it! Marvel's witty and cynical Iron Man is headed to Disneyland's Tomorrowland, a place in which he fits perfectly.

Let's face it: as it now stands, Tomorrowland is a mixed bag of themes and eras. Iron Man and Stark Expo could be the perfect unifying factor.  With a little bit of ingenuity and imagination, the exteriors of existing attractions could be "retro-fitted" into an area where "a look backwards at a look forward" provides the answer to bringing it all together. Sort of an EPCOT Center-ish Future World of the previous century. The buildings from the 60s could finally be resurfaced with a look that complements the feel and theme without revealing its shortcomings and reduced budget that plagued Tomorrowland '98.

Some Disney purists are in an uproar over this... but I think Walt himself would be happy that something cohesive is coming to the world of the future. Count me in.

2 comments:

Eric Scales said...

Where have you heard this? I've read the rumors (miceage I think) but it sounds like you're saying it's a done deal.

Mark said...

It's my gut as I put all the pieces together, nothing more.