July 3, 2012

It's Your Move

One of the most delightful things aspects of traveling to the different Disney resorts is going to each of the Magic Kingdom styled theme parks.  Be it Walt's original kingdom, Disneyland, the Magic Kingdom in Florida, or Disneyland Paris, I have loved exploring attractions that carry a common name but have a different style and execution. 


Pirates of the Caribbean is my favorite Disney attraction, so its no surprise that I have loved riding as many versions as I can! Of course, Disneyland Paris' is the best of all, but Walt Disney World's version has some pretty cool parts as well... including this little gem in the queue.


Imagineer Marc Davis designed this small scenario with a gag built in- the pirates are in a stalemate as they play chess. I couldn't find this piece when I celebrated Pirates' 45th anniversary on this post, but just now ran across it. So, here it is- it's your move.


(Art copyright The Walt Disney Company.)



No comments: