July 19, 2012

A Fight to the Finish

As you might be able to tell from my last few posts, I'm not exactly in the "family friend" mood I usually am. I may write about Fantasyland from time to time, but I certainly do not live there! Life can be hard. 

I'm really tired of the soft peddling of the gospel of Jesus Christ and all he accomplished on the cross- and at the price he paid for the victory we get to enjoy. Somehow, we have succeeded in turning Christianity into a "what's in it for me" philosophy instead of the truth of faith in Jesus meaning we die to self. Our churches have become the poorer for it- a shallow gathering of the country club instead of the place to worship God and become more like his Son given for our sins. We almost encourage each other to stay in our sin at times, choosing to live like victims and make excuses for how broken we are. What a mistake and a misrepresentation of the truth and freedom we have in Him. It pisses me off. If the slang hurts, sorry.

I'm just as bad as the guy next door, but I'm trying to fight til the end. Temptation and disappointment will come my way. Sometimes, I will give in and sin, but my heart draws me back to God, asking for forgiveness as I strive to overcome. Other times, I will be victorious, and God himself will be pleased by my perseverance.  It is a fight to the finish, and I am believing He will give me what I need to win.

No comments: