August 22, 2023

Ed Sheeran Rocks the City

Taylor Swift has done so much to benefit musical artists and fans that you could write chapters upon chapters about her as an artist and businesswoman. Music editors and sociologists will be talking about her impact for years. But I know very few of her songs. I'm not her target audience. 

I'm not Ed Sheeran's target audience either. That said, there are a few hits I own and know well. Apparently, the folks of Denver are more than aware, as the beloved red headed entertainer filled the field of the Denver Broncos football team last night.

Although delayed by a lightning storm until 10pm, Sheeran played for 2 hours with a set list of 27 songs. Everything from Thinking Out Loud to Shape of You to Sing to Perfect- one of my very favorite songs. Pretty impressive. I'm sure his forthcoming and much talked about "Autumn Variations" album will contain many more songs I'll be adding to my collection. This time, it's on his own custom label, "Gingerbread Man Records". Gotta love the name!


Due to a variety of reasons, I did not go to this concert. These photos are from my youngest son who is quite the fan- long before Ed became well known. He paid quite a bit of money to go. Was it with it? He'd definitely say yes.

No comments: