May 18, 2023

Rare Indiana Jones Adventure Concept Art

I can almost bet you have not seen this piece of concept art before! I most certainly had not, but what a find! The Indiana Jones Adventure must be considered as one of the crowning achievements of Disney Imagineering. Adding this major "E Ticket" to Walt Disney's first theme park, shouted loud and clear that Disneyland would not play second fiddle to the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World. Imagineer Tony Baxter and his team worked tirelessly to bring the famed explorer and his travels to life. And, boy, did they succeed!

This Imagineering concept art is pretty rare I'd guess- and I have many pieces in my collection, including a limited edition opening day piece that I purchased the Saturday of the Adventureland attraction's grand opening. Back when the wait was close to four hours, I rode it once- and immediately got back in line for another go round. My reward? A whole different excursion though the temple. Wow!

This piece is by one-time Imagineer Christopher Bradley. It's got an almost photo real quality to it, and it captures all the mystery and intrigue of an unforgettable attraction.

Can't wait for Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny? Me, neither! 

If you love the movies as I do, and equally love those incredible theme park attractions that bear Indy's name, check out this article for more concept art and stories from Indy based attractions. There's also many, many pieces I've shown on the blog that you'll have to search for. Treasure awaits!

Hopefully, the 5th Indiana Jones film will be a hit and spawn more attractions- including that Indy themed mini-land at Disneyland Paris!

(Art copyright The Walt Disney Company.)

No comments: