January 1, 2023

One Little Spark for 2023!

Happy New Year! Here's a great attraction poster for  the unbuilt Spark Gap coaster for Discoveryland at Disneyland Paris. What, was this really for Disneyland Paris, you say? If you're like me, you were certainly convinced for many years that this was actually only set as a part of Discovery Bay, Imagineer Tony Baxter's legendary land. The one that never made it past the drawing boards for Disneyland. Good ideas never die they say. (I still say "One Little Spark" belongs to Figment and Dreamfinder, though.)

What about for you? What good ideas have you had that should be coming back into play for the new year? I'm rethinking my life in several areas- spiritual, physical, and more. It's time for one little spark of inspiration. I'm asking God to reveal himself in fresh ways this year and to show me what He wants from me in this next season of life. Whatever that may be, I know it will be an adventure in living, full of the unexpected. 

What will be unexpected in the Disney world of things? An early opening for Tron Lightcycle Run at the Magic Kingdom? A completion ahead of time for Moana's Journey of Water? I'd certainly like to see Disney suits come up with something to go toe to toe with Universal's Epic Universe.  I'm sure the Imagineers have some great ideas, but I do not trust the suits anymore. I'd be happy to be surprised, though. I'm sure you would as well! Regardless, may your new year be blessed as you walk out your life. I pray it is one where you grow closer to the one and only loving God, the Immortal Eternal Being who gives us life through Jesus Christ. 

(Art copyright The Walt Disney Company.)

No comments: