November 1, 2022

One Rainy Day at Disneyland Paris

As I'm wandering through the maze of Disney internet sites, there are three pretty sure fire links I will click on: Epcot, Tokyo Disneysea, and Disneyland Paris. While I have yet to visit the park in Japan, I can say with certainty that the most beautiful castle park is found in France. In fact, I wrote an entire article on at: The Theme Park as Work of Art. Imagineer Tony Baxter and team deserve all the accolades for creating a park where you could not go on a single ride and still feel deeply satisfied after spending the day there.

So, on to the photo above: Big Thunder Mountain Railroad in all its glory! Paris' Frontierland is the best version ever created perhaps on par with the early Anaheim version when it was stuffed with attractions. The wildest ride in the French wilderness begins on the landside before riders are taken under the river onto the island. A truly unexpected and spectacular setting my a fan favorite attraction.

This photo by Gregg Jacobs is taken from the porch of the Phantom Manor. It is part of his trip report posted on the Mouse Planet site. (Speaking of that, I'm still finishing up my trip report to Anaheim.) In a park drenched in atmosphere, the weather certainly added a special dimension, resulting in one terrific photo!

 

No comments: