August 8, 2022

Goodbye Olivia!

Such sad news for a Monday! I'd been blessed to see Olivia Newton-John live in concert twice. Grease made me laugh, her albums - and their covers- made me smile. Even watched Xanadu a few times. ;) 

Pop hits to country to lullabys, Olivia could do it all with style, grace, and loads of charm. Her duet partners were numerous, everyone from Cliff Richard to Andy Gibb, to ELO, John Farnham and beyond. (Oh how I wish she'd done that much talked about duet with her good friend Karen Carpenter.)

I wrote about her quite a bit on the Insights and Sounds blog. Here. Here. Here. A look at the hits and more and a look at her view on life. There's even several more places right on this site waiting to be discovered. And a good amount of photos, too.

What a lovely lady. May she rest in peace.

(Photograph by Claude Mougin.)

No comments: