October 12, 2021

Design Detail: Universal Studios Orlando Diagon Alley

With only a slight bit of exaggeration, there's probably well over 1,000 details to be found in Universal Studios Orlando and its most loved area. Even as the biggest fan of Disney Imagineering, I can tell you with full confidence that the team from Universal Creative created a stunning  masterpiece in building Harry Potter's Diagon Alley! I left this photo full size so you can take in a just a bit. (Just download it once you've opened it.) But what about the rest of the park and the resort as a whole?

There's a couple more days coming of my Walt Disney World trip report (Animal Kingdom is next), but hang on tight, because I was pretty shocked by what I found at the Universal Orlando Resort. How would it compare to my visit there back in 2008,  my friend Len's Yokoyama's 2016 visit or my youngest son's visit in 2017? As they used to say, "Stay Tuned!"

(Photograph copyright Mark Taft.)

No comments: