July 15, 2020

An Unexpected Zip A Dee Doo Dah Day

I was on a mission. When we went out to California for my father-in-law's funeral, my oldest daughter and I took to the Orange Circle to look for a very specific item: a classic black and yellow license plate. We looked everywhere, and it was no where to be found.

After we returned home, it was only a couple of months before the lockdown began. As with everyone else, we decided since we had the extra time, we would do some long forgotten (or ignored!) projects that needed completion. The biggest one was the cleaning out of our garage.

As we dug into the several day project, my wife came upon my desired treasure- with a bonus! The entire time I was searching for it, the black and yellow plate was in my home and with a now very desirable Disneyland souvenir attached. A Splash Mountain themed license plate frame! How good of God to provide this small blessing! Proving once again that sometimes the sweetest gifts are found within the walls of your own home. Family who are friends being the best of all!

(Photograph copyright Mark Taft.)

No comments: