October 31, 2020

Pick a Haunted Mansion

Have you ever seen Imagineer Dale Hennesy's concept art for the exterior of the Haunted Mansion at Disneyland? If not, here it is in full color! Certainly, it is a very different take than the one Walt's park got. I have to admit, I'm so used to the original in New Orleans Square, that I took it for granted when I compared the exterior to the more gothic one at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom or the Psycho inspired house of Disneyland Paris' Phantom Manor. Yet, on the occasion I return to California, I am again impressed with the deceptive elegance and charm of it which fully betrays the evil inspired adventure within. Which one is your preference for exterior? In any form, the haunted attraction remains a masterpiece of Disney Imagineering!

(Art copyright The Walt Disney Company.)

No comments: