September 11, 2019

We Will Never Forget

Americans all over the world will not forget the events of that September morning so many years ago. There are so many stories I could tell direct from a now deceased friend who was an eye witness. Stories of heroes who gave their lives defending our freedoms. 

I will not tell stories of people who have chosen to act in desperate and evil ways, causing far more harm than we as a nation had seen in decades. There are news headlines every day telling us these kinds of stories. The blame game will not work anymore. 

In honor of today and our great nation and the heroes who served at a time of crisis- and those who continue to serve us, I offer this Psalm, this prayer:

I cry aloud to the LORD; I lift up my voice to the LORD for mercy. I pour out my complaint before him; before him I tell my trouble. When my spirit grows faint within me, it is you who know my way. In the path where I walk men have hidden a snare for me. Look to my right and see; no one is concerned for me. I have no refuge; no one cares for my life.

I cry to you, O LORD; I say, "You are my refuge, my portion in the land of the living." Listen to my cry, for I am in desperate need; rescue me from those who pursue me, for they are too strong for me. Set me free from my prison,that I may praise your name. Then the righteous will gather about me because of your goodness to me.
(Psalm 142)


We will not always understand what God allows, but our trust must rest in Him as He is always good and always loving... and He always keeps an eternal perspective in mind.

No comments: