May 4, 2019

The Arrival of Randy L. Schmidt's Carpenters: An Illustrated Discography

As I mentioned a few weeks ago, I was given an amazing privilege. I was asked to be part of author Randy L. Schmidt's new book on the career of Richard and Karen Carpenter- Carpenters: An Illustrated Discography. His last one on the duo, Little Girl Blue: The Life of Karen Carpenter was a best seller and a much respected work.

Here's a first look at inside the new illustrated book which looks at each album in detail. 

My part was participating in a round table discussion with some very distinguished men to talk about the duo's 7th new studio album, A Kind of Hush. It was great fun- and I won't spoil any surprises by naming who participated. You'll have to read it yourself. 

I'm about midway in my newest review series on their albums. Obviously my comments on Hush were much longer than what can be printed. But when I reach that disc, I will include all of them. For now, you can catch my initial take on the album by clicking on it (below) or look at any of my reviews. Or you can read my Revisited/Fresh Look series on their musical output. 

There are hundreds of articles on this blog regarding the music, career, and lives of my favorite duo. Enjoy- and please go buy Randy's book!

My Initial Reviews of the albums:

Offering/Ticket to Ride
Close to You
Carpenters
A Song for You
Now & Then
The Singles 1969-1973
Live In Japan
Horizon
A Kind of Hush
Live at the Palladium
Passage
The Singles 1974-1978
Christmas Portrait
Made in America
Voice of the Heart
An Old Fashioned Christmas
Time (Richard Solo)
Lovelines
Karen Carpenter (Solo)
As Time Goes By


My Revisited / Fresh Look at the albums:
Offering / Ticket to Ride
Close to You
Carpenters 
A Song for You 


(Photograph copyright Randy L. Schmidt.)

No comments: