June 29, 2017

3 Steps Closer to Tokyo Disney

The way that I'm wired, a trip to a Disney park never seems for certain until I book the hotel (or in my case...hotels). Part of it is due to the uncertainty of getting the resorts of my choice, which is funny, since I've always been able to lock down my targets. Once the email confirmation is received, the trip becomes a reality.

As of a few weeks ago, I've booked my reservation dates for three hotels at Tokyo Disney!



The first is at the newest resort...the Celebration Hotel! Designated as the only "value" resort, this newest addition seems squarely focused on families and children. Assorted room sizes are available that will accommodate small to large families. Traveling alone, I reserved the most basic room and it still comes with the default three beds. I suspect the Celebration will be akin to WDW's Art of Animation with its liberal use of animated characters adorning both the hotel and surrounding grounds. 





From there I'll spend three nights at the Hotel Miracosta...hands down my favorite Tokyo Disney resort. It's equivalent to WDW's Wilderness Lodge in that I will always need to spend a few days there. The Miracosta's art deco theming with its nautical flourishes never ceases to amaze me. And being one of the few hotels actually inside a park is the cherry on top of the sundae.



My last stop is the Ambassador Hotel. I first visited this hotel back in 2008, but didn't stay there. I had lunch in the lobby restaurant because there was a cool Halloween glass you could purchase with lunch. I was impressed with the 50's era decor and knew I would stay here on my next visit. I'm a little surprised that TDR moved this from a "value" to a "deluxe" designation. While a beautiful hotel, it doesn't feel on the same level as the Miracosta or Tokyo Disneyland Hotel. I guess with the arrival of Celebration, the top bosses felt they could justify the change and pocket more change...hah!



Although I had thought about booking at the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel, I decided against it. I have stayed at this resort, and while impressive in its stature and design, the sheer size and grandeur was a bit overwhelming for me. Don't get me wrong, if Celebration hadn't happen, I would have booked a couple of nights here. I'll definitely be visiting the hotel to take pictures and soak in the atmosphere.

November can't come soon enough!

        (Photographs Copyright 2017 Tokyo Disney Resort)

3 comments:

Mark said...

So glad for you, Len! I'm happily jealous!
Mark

juneaubiscuits said...

I'll be sure to bring you back something cool from Tokyo, Mark!

Mark said...

Like an AWESOME trip report!