November 29, 2016

Strange Gym Interactions

Strange interactions at the gym seem to come in spurts. A few days ago, I was in the locker room changing into my work out clothes, and this crazy guy with dark sunglasses comes into the room. He starts talking to himself about how things will change under President elect Trump, and how he doesn't want any more "White guys coming into the country". Then he starts getting louder and louder, his pony tale flying behind him. 

I choose to ignore him. Especially as I'm the only other person in the room. Not wanting to start a fight, I don't respond as his words get more and more inflammatory.

Later on the gym floor, he begins walking up to other white guys trying to start a disturbance, saying more racist things. (Yes,  friends, people of color can be racists too!) Eventually, I finish my workout, full of sweat and pretty exhausted.  Glad to walk out and away from the crazy man.

No comments: