October 1, 2011

Happy 40th Walt Disney World


Happy 40th Anniversary Walt Disney World!
On this day many years ago, East Coast fans of Walt Disney finally had their own playground much closer than the original kingdom, Disneyland in California.


So many happy memories from my first visit in 1975 to my last visit in 2009-

  • Dining at the California Grille and watching the fireworks explode over the Magic Kingdom

  • Watching my then preschool aged kids at Fort Wilderness eating up their ice cream treats

  • Those special dinners with my wife- all over the property

  • Spending time with my beloved grandmother walking around the Magic Kingdom

  • Loving every inch of Liberty Square

  • Watching the Electrical Water Pageant from the Polynesian Village

... and so much more. While I point out its flaws and share about what I see in the future, Walt Disney World will always hold a special place in my heart. So many great memories with my family from generations before and hopefully with ones to come. Thank you, Walt Disney Company, and especially Roy Disney, for making Walt's and many other peoples dreams come true.

(Art copyright The Walt Disney Company.)

No comments: