October 3, 2011

Autumn Leaves and Summer Leaves

Autumn leaves fall, and my thoughts turn inward as another summer of my life passes away. In a bit of introspection, I am realizing I can let time slide away while I am propelled by the busyness of life. Too many things to do, people to see, projects to complete.

Summer's always meant a youthful, playful time, where the days seem endless and the nights are filled with pleasure. Dinners alfresco, nighttime walks, children laughing at fireworks, fires on the beach and more. How I wish those days would never end! But summer's charms also keep me from thinking of eternity and what really matters.

Will my life reflect the heart of God for the people around me? Will those who see me see Jesus in me, His Holy Spirit guiding and directing my life, my words, my actions? Will I finish well- and make my life count for something greater than just years spent on earth? So many questions. Summer's gone, and it's time to refocus once again.

No comments: