July 8, 2011

Kodak Hits the Spot at Disneyland

Here's one of those pieces I have had in my files for so long that I don't remember if I scanned it myself or found it on line! Kodak's Picture Spot was an easy guide to taking great looking photos inside Walt's original Kingdom. And Disneyland looked all the better for it!

All the novice cameraman had to do was follow around the park using this great little map as a guide- and surprise! The photos taken turned out looking like they were professionally staged- and they were- without anyone knowing the difference.This has to be an early map of the park as I see no Splash Mountain, Space Mountain or Big Thunder Mountain Railroad . In fact, there's no Haunted Mansion or Pirates of the Caribbean either! Still, there was nothing on earth like Disneyland, and the crowds came, taking millions of photos!


(Art copyright The Walt Disney Company.)

No comments: