January 1, 2010

Disneyland Insights and More for 2010


Concept art for abandoned Hong Kong Disneyland attraction.

Happy New Year!
Since it's the first day of the New Year, it is a good time to talk about what you'll find in 2010 on the Insights blog!
Beyond covering the ongoing transformation of our favorite park to hate, California Adventure, I'm hoping to give you at least one or two first hand trip reports. Everytime I think a visit to California or Florida is not in the works, something comes up unexpectedly!

Disneyland's Plectu's Intergalactic Revue.
My photograph of concept art displayed many years ago at the park
in front of the current Innoventions building.

Of course, you'll find many pieces of Imagineering concept art here and lots of in-depth articles on the development of attractions both old and new. And from parks all over the world! From Disneyland to Disneyland Paris and beyond. This could be the year I finally get to Tokyo...

Music reviews and news, movies, a smattering of television info and more. Lots of travel photos, a few pics for my family, and my insights on living a life of faith and service.

Here's a sneak peek of what's coming up...

Next week, Part 5 of my popular Animal Kingdom series will be published.

On Monday, we'll take a look at the always controversial fan favorite Imagineer Tony Baxter. His love for Disneyland is legendary, and as you'll see, the concept art for his attractions is world class.

See you Monday- and thanks for reading.(Concept art copyright The Walt Disney Company. Photograph copyright Mark Taft.)

2 comments:

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

You've got some exciting things lined up for 2010, I can't wait. Hey, I've never seen that concept art for "Plectu's Intergalactic Revue" - WOW! THANKS!

I read somewhere that Tony Baxter was retiring in 2010, I sure hope not. I've saw him 4 times in 2009, twice at D23 and twice at Disneyland, each time I chickened out and just frooze as if I was statue... I know he collects tickets so we do have something unique in common, but I just don't have the nerve.

Mark said...

I had my own Imagineer fan experience while at Epcot and chickened out.
So, I know what you mean...
See this post- http://insightsandsounds.blogspot.com/2009/02/about-year-ago-my-wife-and-i-renewed.html