April 21, 2009

RFID at Walt Disney World

Al Lutz at MiceAge is reporting the Walt Disney Company is hot to use RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) technology to provide personalized attraction experiences at the Magic Kingdom in Florida. It could possibly also be used to know where you are in the parks, what Fastpasses you qualify for or if you can enter attractions during Extra Magic Hours.

RFID personalization coming to Fantasyland attractions? Yuck! I don't want Disney or anyone other than my family knowing exactly where I am when I'm at the parks. At the extreme, it feels like 1984, or Vanilla Sky or even the biblical book of Revelation. Ugh. No thanks!

It's already approved for use for humans... The Feds approved it in 2004. More info here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are a weirdo. nothing was said in that article about having a chip installed in resort guests. religious nuts like you always take things out of context. if you've ever been on ET at Universal you'd know what he was talking about.

Mark said...

Hi!
I have been to Universal's ET- and I know exactly what he's talking about. Religious nut? No, not at all. I just am a Jesus follower and I've read a bit of the Bible. But I'm certainly open to discussing this more with you if you'd like.Really! Thanks for taking the time to share your views!