October 25, 2023

Fall's True Colors

Oh, the sweet days of Fall! Just a wonderful time in Colorado when the temperature is mild during the day, the skies are sunny, and the colors of the Autumn season are just spectacular in their display of God given hues. 

I installed and painted the garden travel sign years ago, and it began with real travel destinations to places we visited over the years. Everything from Paris to London to Walt Disney World and Victoria. But the individual markers mostly deteriorated. The one for Kapaula Bay, Hawaii, now sits on my office wall above the door. Years later, I replaced them with these storybook locations.

 
It has sort of become my custom to take photos of my yard this time of year. I guess 2023 is no exception. The photographer has his faults, and the end result is certainly not professional by any means. But the colors do not do justice to the real thing.  

Remnants of Summer are still to be found in my garden if I look for them. The hammock lies empty for now at least. Once the kids come back, it's a pretty popular spot to hand out- and in the case of the littlest guys, it's always a three person affair.

Hidden in the very corner is this little festival of color. A bit of each season. It will have to do until next year when things change again, and once more, my eyes wonder at the marvels of God's design. As a former Californian, Summer used to be my favorite season, but I have to admit, my heart has changed just like the colors of my garden!

No comments: