January 22, 2022

My Favorite Disney Park Photos: Disney's Hollywood Studios Sid Cahuenga's One-of-a-Kind

Step back into Hollywood during its glory days- or Disney-MGM Studios at Walt Disney World. That's what Sid Cahuenga's One-of-a-Kind shop does each time I see it. More than any other Disney park in Florida, Disney's Hollywood Studios has seen the most changes, good and bad. But this small shop brings me back to the old days when the park was fresh and new, and its future seemed bright. I snapped this shot during our last trip when the crowds were light and the noise levels low. I could almost close my eyes and think back to 1989 when I first saw the park that May.

Love Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway? So do I. But I sorely miss The Great Movie Ride. Do I miss the Studio Tram Tour and any of those other opening day attractions? Yes, but I also enjoy Toy Story Land and Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge

Regardless of how you feel about the park and all its changes, it has a fascinating history. If you want to read a mega-post that covers it all including rare concept art, a historical perspective, and tons of retro photos from the opening, take a look at this.

(Photograph copyright Mark Taft.)

No comments: