May 22, 2020

Welcome to Insights and Sounds!

During the last few months and the mandated quarantine, many new friends have discovered the Insights and Sounds blog. Welcome! If you're new, you might take the time to read this article which will give you a brief overview of what's on the site after more than ten years and thousands of articles. 

That rare piece of concept art for Animal Kingdom by Imagineer Ben Tripp? The blog's filled with artist renderings of Disney park attractions both built and those projects tossed aside (like the infamous Dubai Disneyland, whose renderings I was the first to discover). If its unbuilt attractions that interest you, you'll find all kinds of discoveries here! 

You'll also find trip reports from the Disney resorts and extensive histories of Disney's Hollywood Studios, a million (it seems) posts on EPCOT Center, and an eight part and growing series on the evolution of Disney's Animal Kingdom.

If you love Disney Park Attraction Posters, you'll find one of the largest and most complete collections for Disneyland right here. (And I'm just starting to share my Walt Disney World collection.)

If music is what brings you here, you're probably discovered I'm a big fan of Karen Carpenter and her brother Richard. This beloved duo created a lasting legacy spanning 50 years. There's album reviews, some rare photos and stories, and my take on what it's like being part of Randy L. Schmidt's book, Carpenters: An Illustrated Discography. But there's more to my music tastes than this brother and sister, so look for music articles, album and concert reviews on everyone from Keith Urban, Michael Jackson, Amy Grant, Sting, Michael BublĂ©,  Olivia Newton-John and more.

If you're familiar with the concept of love languages, mine is without a doubt spelled "airline ticket". I love to travel! It's not only my job, it's a joy! I've been blessed to go all over the world. Our beautiful world is so much more than just Disney theme parks! Lots a photos, trip reports, and even several of my favorite travel posters are here, too.

My family and friends mean a lot to me! So, as you look through the blog, you'll see a bit of my history in photos. My friend Len Yokoyama is also an author here. He's just an incredibly gifted man- a great photographer, and all around good guy. Len's from Hawaii and due to this, has great stories to share and gives us some of the most gorgeous photos of the islands I've ever seen.

So, welcome to the blog! Feel free to comment and contact me. I love making new friends!

(Art copyright The Walt Disney Company.)

No comments: