April 3, 2022

This is Us- 1981

Rockin' the 'stache! Well, what can I say? Long before beards took on a life of their own, looking a bit like Tom Selleck from Magnum P.I. was the goal of many men wanting to catch a woman. Thankfully, this wasn't what caused my wife to fall in love with me. Nor being thin! Now, on the other hand, it's easy to see what made me fall in love with her. Those eyes! That smile! But most of all, that gentle heart.


A summer date at Six Flags Magic Mountain was on the agenda for the day. Little did I know roller coasters terrified her! But we survived an entire summer of thrills, and as she told me years later, me not seeing her in a bathing suit once. (How did that happen?)

As our story goes, God blessed us and our love grew. We married on this day many, many, many moons ago- 40 years to be exact. And He has given us the strength to make it through the hard times and to enjoy the blessings of the good ones. How did time go by so quickly?

Much, much, love to you, my darling wife, my beautiful one!

(Photographs copyright Mark Taft.)

No comments: