April 20, 2017

Night and Day in the South of France

Who am I kidding? I'll probably never get to a full on photo travel report from our last trip to Europe, but I can at least give you a snapshot or two of some stunning places.

Saint-Paul de Vence in the South of France. Beautiful, charming, peaceful, absolutely everything you expect a French village to be. I could not have been more impressed by the whole thing. Certainly one of my favorite stops during our trip to Switzerland and France a few years back. The hillside was full of old stone cottages now converted to also host some shops and restaurants along with homes for the fortunate residents who can afford to live in such a place. But as beautiful as it was during the day...


...the evening light made it all the more lovely. Oh, what a little moonlight can do! 

One of my favorite meals ever was taken at a little place down the street from this photo. Under a huge tree out on the patio, looking across the pedestrian cobblestone path at a small little cafe. Alone with my lovely wife under the stars, it was a night to remember.


There were so many blessings associated with this trip. Free airline tickets were just the beginning of God's goodness to us.

As I've said so many times in the past, there's a great big beautiful world out there besides Disney. Go see it.

(Photographs copyright Mark Taft.)

No comments: