March 3, 2017

Waves Against The Rock

Waves pounding the shore. One after another after another after another. It's relentless. The ongoing barrage of our own thoughts and others in contrast to who God tells us He is and how we are to live our lives. It's often in direct contrast to what is screamed at us from a world that often believes Our Creator doesn't exist or isn't one to obey. Yet, God says, 

“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the Lord. “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts."                                            Isaiah 55:8-9

I can be like the wave crashing against the immovable rock of the authority of God and his written word, the Bible. His law never changes since He created it, but I often am rebellious in the depths of my heart, fighting against Truth. Will I can humbly obey? I must  as I rest in the knowledge that like all men and women,  I will ultimately have to answer to Him for how I've lived my life. 

No comments: