April 12, 2013

Buddy Jesus and Abortion

Gotta say- this article really gets to me! I saw this on face book, and I just had to read it. You may not know why.

You see, a couple of women in my extended family have had abortions. And their lives have been filled with a sadness they never really get rid of. 

I should have been an aborted child. My Mom was 16 and pregnant; my father 18 and not wanting to be a father. Thank God, they chose life instead! (And after 50 plus years of marriage, they are one of the happiest couples I know.)

Now, I do know some women who have chosen to let God do a great work in them, and even though they never forget their choice, they have found forgiveness and freedom. Isn't that just like Him? That's the God I choose to serve. We're all broken in some way, and we all have done things we know are not right.

The other ironic thing about all this- it's hard for us to admit there really is a child in that womb. So, we justify it away and think our decision will affect no one else- but it always does. On one hand, we teach our kids that each one is special and of value, and on the other, we teach them that prenatal life is just a blob. Does anyone else see this as a strange thing?

I am always pleasantly surprised when a pro-abortion advocate gets pregnant and then, within a few weeks of pregnancy, sees their child via medical technology. It's hard to deny that really is an active little one made in the image of God. 

The heart of God, and the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross, was strictly out of love. It covers all sins and each is equal. Even this one which grieves me the most.

No comments: