September 16, 2010

The Hunt is On

This is what you'll find me doing many nights of the week: searching cable and television shows for Criminal Minds. How I could have not found this series when it debuted in 2005, I do not know! The cast is terrific, but my personal favorite is the cool and smart headed Aaron Hotchner, played by "Dharma and Greg's" Thomas Gibson.

Obviously watching the series on cable means I've seen the variations of cast from year to year. Be it the great Mandy Patinkin- who left the show so early on, and why?- to sassy Paget Brewster (forever Kathy from Friends!) and the brilliantly played Dr. Spencer Reid by Matthew Gray Gubler, the show remains a must see. I was very partial to Lola Glaudini as Elle Greenaway and wondered why she left as well. She seemed to be the female equivalent of Hotch and played off his character nicely.

Regardless of who is on the screen, the show's become one of my all time favorites. Yes, the blood and guts gets to me at times, but I love that justice is served and criminals get their due. So many life lessons here! It only shows that evil exists, it is not just a force. We must choose to resist. Good will not always win in this life, and sometimes it all doesn't make sense. The truth is we reap what we sow- and we all have to answer for our actions. Something very important for the "It's all about me" mentality in the world we live in. The same mentality I can struggle with!

No comments: