April 30, 2019

New Phantom Manor 2019 Point of View Video

Wanna park inside the newly re-Imagineered Phantom Manor at Disneyland Paris? Well, here it is below. Is it as eerily charming as the original or did Tom Fitzgerald and his team ruin it by making it too much like the Disneyland Haunted Mansion?


From Curious Axel.

Melanie on the staircase now.

From ED92.

Until I can see it in person, I will withhold full judgment. But I will say I certainly enjoyed hearing Vincent Price's narration once again, and the music is as compelling as ever! 

Does it still fit within the context of Frontierland, perhaps the most immersive themed land in the most beautiful of Magic Kingdoms? Yes. That said, I do hope the next expansion of the park is led by a returning Tony Baxter. Even though he now only consults for the Walt Disney Company, he remains the ultimate living Imagineer!

Did Tom Fitzgerald set out to ruin the mansion as Tony designed it? Probably not, but there's no denying that good or bad, he could only build his version on what was already created.

Care to engage in the The Great Tony Baxter Debate? Read my articles Part One and Part Two.  Then make up your mind, and let me know what you think. And don't miss the chilling "Conversation with a Dying Man" article below...

Thanks to ED92 and Curious Axel for the videos!

No comments: