November 25, 2015

Karen Carpenter's Thanksgiving Song


Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, and this beautiful song by the Carpenters is the closest thing we have to them singing a song befitting the holiday. It was written by Felice Mancini, the daughter of celebrated composer Henry Mancini


Live version. Just beautiful!

Karen and Richard Carpenter recorded it for the beautiful, Grammy award winning Tan Album, (officially known as "Carpenters"), and the song became an instant classic. Today, I dedicate this song to my wife and especially my children:

Sometimes not often enough
We reflect upon the good things
And those thoughts always center 
around those we love
And I think about those people 
who mean so much to me
And for so many years have made me so very happy
And I count the times I have forgotten
 to say "thank you"
And just how much I love them

No comments: