July 27, 2015

Gym Rat Wisdom

"Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret."

This simple little phrase posted on the wall of the gym has caught my eye. Even though this statement is typical of the motivational stuff you find all around you in the gym, this one sticks a little deeper and rings of some truth. And I can't stop thinking about it. 

Sometimes awash in a sea of regret, I stand still, paralyzed by fear. Other times, I dig in and go for it. The truth is, these days, I'm trying to focus on the long term, the slowly gained results I want including wisdom and the eternal stuff as well as the temporal. And who would have guessed I would find some of it in the middle of an ordinary 24 Hour Fitness?

(By the way- try finding a photo of a regular looking guy lifting weights. Almost impossible!)

No comments: