July 26, 2011

Visually Impaired

Sometimes I just don't see things correctly. My eyesight was getting so bad before my youngest daughter's wedding, that I had to go into the doc to get a new prescription and a quick set of glasses so that I could watch the ceremony in crystal clear vision just a few feet in front of me. It was an important thing I did not want to miss!

Fast forward to just a few months later. With my wife, I am working through the study by Beth Moore entitled Breaking Free. The main focus is gaining true freedom from the things that hold our hearts and minds captive. It is an intense and deeply difficult study, but the results hold promise. So, I persevere.

The pivotal question for the day's study is "Can you think of several reasons why we should cast down pride to break free from any areas of captivity?" Much to my surprise, the answers come quickly from my heart:
  1. Pride can keep us from seeing things as God does.
  2. Pride can keep us from seeing other people as He does.
  3. Pride can keep us from seeing ourselves as He does.
  4. Pride can keep us from seeing Him as He is.
I think I have a lot of work to do...

No comments: