November 5, 2009

Buried Treasure of Disneyland Paris

A little digging through my files has rewarded us with some buried treasure!

Now, I'l l admit, I do not know where this came from (so if you know, please tell me), but here is a "flow through" map of Disneyland Paris' version of Pirates of the Caribbean.

I grew up in Walt's park in Anaheim and forever thought the gorgeous New Orleans Square version of the attraction would remain definitive. Having seen the Magic Kingdom's much inferior version in Walt Disney World reaffirmed I was correct in that accessment. (OK, the building housing the attraction is quite spectacular!) That was my view until we stepped aboard a boat in Paris.

Here, a thousand miles away from the real Caribbean, was the ultimate version to be found. No Johnny Depp and pals and no Blue Bayou but instead the stunning Blue Lagoon with its overpriced restaurant. The attraction is full of surprises, additions, and enhancements, making the Parisian voyage the winner for both me and my wife.

Purists may scoff, but one ride through is all its takes.
(Concept art copyright The Walt Disney Company.)

No comments: