March 18, 2009

What's Going On Here?

Do you ever look around you and think, "What's going on here?" Boy, that seems to be my life these days. Without going into too much detail, I think all I am seeing is pain, sorrow, and suffering. Friends and family in crisis, most waiting patiently for God to seemingly step into the picture and make his presence known.

Yet I know deep in my soul and believe it with my life that He is very aware and active in the midst of life's pain as well as its pleasure. Jesus told us He would be with his believers until the end of time- that He's never leave us or forsake us. So, whether I recognize Him or not in any given situation, I know He is there. Isn't that was faith is all about?

Some may scoff, but I have personally witnessed God do the things others say doesn't happen: miraculous healings both physical and emotional. Restored marriages, renewed lives, and giving people sweet joy and peace in the middle of difficult life circumstances. Therefore, in the middle of my own struggles- and we all have them- I can say "What's going on here?" and choose to look for God taking care of me and the ones I love in the midst regardless of the outcome. What about you?

No comments: