February 10, 2009

Bird Brained at Tokyo Disneyland

In the ongoing insertion of characters into the Disney parks, the really annoying but must be popular Stitch has invaded now Disneyland's It's A Small World and Tokyo Disneyland's Enchanted Tiki Room.

In the concept art above, one unused idea was pitched to have penguins entertain guests once inside the classic tropical bungalow. I cannot decide which choice was worse! What is going on at the Walt Disney Company and the Oriental Land Company? This pairing used to produce incredible attractions. Will Monsters Inc Ride and Go Seek reverse the trend? Here 's hoping.

However awful the ideas, these wonderful renderings are found in the latest edition of Tales from the Laughing Place, a fan magazine that ranks with the best of the Disney company's official publications of the past. You really should subscribe. If you're an obsessed Disney fan, to not do so would be... bird brained.

(Concept art The Walt Disney Company)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just watched the video of the new show and found it to be wonderful. I think this show is much faster paced show and full of new music from the Stitch movie and TV show and it works just fine for me. The A/A figure of Stitch is one of the best I have ever seen with fluid motion and lots of movement. I love the music and I love the idea. So I have to disagree that this is so terrible.